Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Oh praise the One who paid my debt...

So we were blessed today with a beautiful blanket of sparkling white snow... And finally, the snow actually fell during daylight hours so we could enjoy its awesomeness as it covered everything (and created hazardous road conditions). I decided to take advantage of my afternoon off (early dismissal... gotta love teaching!) and bake a delicious four-layer chocolate cake for mom's birthday, which is tomorrow. Then I fell asleep on the couch, as I was watching the snow fall. And then I realized I might be stuck at my parents' house. As the evening went on, I could feel the beginnings of a cold settling in the back of my throat, which, combined with an allergy attack brought on by our dogs, was making me pretty miserable. All I wanted to do was curl up on my own couch with my Snuggie and my DVR... so I decided to brave the roads. I hate driving in inclement conditions. Mostly because I can't afford to pay to get my car repaired if I run into anything, but also it just makes me really nervous. And now I'm being a total wimp, because I only live three miles from my parents.
After spending about ten minutes digging my car out of the snow and scraping the windows, I experienced an absolutely beautiful drive home. I turned the radio off and just soaked in the silence and the glimmering white expanse all around me. What a joy to get to experience such beauty! That drive was the most peaceful part of my day. I don't understand people who complain about winter weather. First of all, it's only February. It will be a while before spring arrives. You might as well just quit complaining and enjoy the snow while it's here!
Is there a more beautiful sight than pure white, untouched snow?
“Though your sins are like scarlet, they shall be white as snow.” Isaiah 1:18

Jesus paid it all,
all to Him I owe;
Sin had left a crimson stain,
He washed it white as snow.

And when before the throne
I stand in him complete,
Jesus died my soul to save
My lips shall still repeat!

No comments:

Post a Comment