Monday, January 3, 2011

Feels like the same old year to me.

I don't make New Year's resolutions. Why set myself up to fail? There are already so many things I should be doing that I don't do, and I'm racked with guilt about those... I don't need to add anything else to my "you should be doing this" plate. Plus, if I make a resolution, I won't have anything to do for Lent!
I think that in my mind, the new year starts on my birthday. Not that I make birthday resolutions or anything, but January 1 just doesn't do a whole lot to motivate me to try new things.
One thing I resolve every now and then to improve on is exercising. I have not found that one motivating factor that will keep me on the treadmill for longer than 20 minutes (except maybe an episode of Friends, which will keep me on the treadmill for a good 30 minutes). So my focus (ha... one focus of many) right now is finding that motivator. Maybe it's in scripture somewhere; maybe it's hanging on a rack at Macy's (that's highly unlikely, since I won't be able to afford it). Just to be clear, this is not a resolution. It's just a statement of my intent to find something that will motivate me to stick to a routine.

No comments:

Post a Comment